17. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- 17.1 The Name and Contact Details of or organisation, which can be found in section 21 of these terms and conditions.
- 17.2 The purposes of our data processing – which is the use of data provided by tutors and students for the purposes of their conducting a professional relationship, and our facilitating of that relationship via the Tutorially™ service. We will also communicate with registered users, newsletter subscribers and any other party who has consented to our contacting them, notifying them of offers, changes and news related to our products and services, including Tutorially™.
- 17.4 We do not require any sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data could be divulged by you in a blog article or other free-text field. You are considered the controller of any such data.
- 17.5 We do not share transfer data beyond the EU.
- 17.6 We will keep subscriber data for as long as a Tutorially™ account is active. Should an account be deleted, all data associated with that account will also be removed subject to a reasonable request for us to do so.
- 17.7 Tutorially™ uses industry-standard cloud-hosting technologies to deliver highly available services. All data is encrypted at rest as well as in transit, and appropriate security provisions are in place to prevent compromise as far as is practicable and to the best of our ability. No provision can render a breach impossible, but we take reasonable measures to prevent any such breach. We will not provide specific detail out of a sincere and enduring respect for our customer data, and the integrity of our systems.
- 17.7 Tutorially™ is a data processor in GDPR terms, with the subscriber or customer remaining a data controller, be they a tutor, student or parent. All data provided is controlled by the subscriber, can be amended or removed by the subscriber.